Thursday, April 23, 2009

Letter and pic's from Buddy 4/23/09


Bongiono Famiyla!
Hey family! How is everyone? Thank you so much for the package, it was great! So this week has been so awesome! On Monday my companion and I taught the first lesson again to an "investigator" in the teaching center. It went so good! Now that we actually know the material and the scriptures it makes things so much fun! I've learned that it is not just spitting out a bunch of information, but finding out the needs and questions of the person you are teaching - teaching them according to their needs. I've also learned and am still working on teaching through the spirit and consistently testifying of every principle I teach. It is amazing how powerful a tool the spirit is and what a blessing. After the Teaching Center, we were taken to the Referral Center for the first time. The Referral Center is a big room filled with computers and phones and people all over the world call and ask questions about the church and what we believe. We can also send missionaries and free materials and church media to peoples homes. We all got a 5 min. tutorial on how to use the program then we were kicked into the system. The first couple of calls were SO scary! HAHA I completely froze up on the first one and just hung up on a lady. I felt so stupid! My teacher called the lady back and answered her questions, and sent missionaries to her house. He was just laughing at me!
On Tuesday, I had the 2 coolest experiences ever! My companion and I decided to go back to the referral center for round 2. So we jumped on the phone and I almost immediately received a call. I answered the phone and it was a woman, and she started telling me how she had been praying for an answer and then she saw the commercial for the church on the t.v. and called. She said God answered her prayers by showing her the commercial and she asked me why she was crying when she saw it. I testified that it was the Holy Ghost testifying to her that she needed to become a member of the Restored Church of Jesus Christ. I asked her if she would be baptized...and she said "Yes!!" I couldn't even believe it! I would have never said anything about baptism, my job is to answer peoples simple questions. I know I was prompted to say what I did, these weren't my words! So anyways, I sent missionaries to her home with all the information of our conversation on the phone, and last I found out she has agreed to be baptized. It was such a testimony builder to me!
THEN... That night, my companion and I felt like going early to our fireside. We showed up and sat in the 3rd row. We thought it was strange that the speakers name was not posted like usual. Then some guy got up right before it should start and said, "for those of you who have never done this before, when the Prophet or an Apostle enters the room, you stand in silence." and right then there was an explosion of excitement in the room! They quieted the room, then walked in Elder Jeffery R. Holland! I couldn't even believe my eyes! As soon as I saw him my heart started racing and I could feel the power that man held just by looking at him. He walked in and shook hands of everyone on the front row then smiled and waved at everyone else. He gave the most powerful speech I have ever heard in person. He is actually in charge of the whole missionary program, and is one of the most passionate people I have ever seen when it comes to the gospel and esp. missionary work. I have a study journal that I've been keeping and I have 3 pages of notes just from one hour of speaking. By the end of his talk, there was not a dry eye in the entire room, he had almost every missionary bawling. After the meeting, our district met in our classroom and had another hour meeting just about the notes we took and what we felt. I will never forget my experience of seeing an Apostle of God. Oh and earlier that day we had gone to the Temple and did a session, it was so great!
I just can't even believe how strong the Spirit is here at the MTC. I LOVE IT! My classes are getting really tough in Italian. They totally load it on every single day. I am slowly starting to get it. On Thursday we had a huge snow storm! I am so disappointed cus we were going to use the field next week, but there is no way we will now! It was a complete white out! Thursday morning I saw DJ Lemieux when I was walking to breakfast. I guess he is a teacher here now. It was cool to see him. At the gym last week, I jumped on the super cool digital heavy duty scale, and I have gained 10 pounds!! HAHA I think the buffet 3 times a day and the sitting all day long is starting to catch up to me! My companion and I have decided to only eat one entree a meal now, and no more ice cream in the mornings. Hopefully that works!! I hope you like the pictures - I am having so much fun here. Thanks for the letters - keep um comin!
Love, Anziano Koozer
P.S. Make sure Tia sees these pictures!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Koozer Motto

Never eat on an empty stomach

hit counter

Followers