Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pray for the Campana Family

Hey Everyone!
Mom thank you so much for the pictures you sent me! haha oh my goodness the pictures of Monson and Sophia are both SO stinkin cute! I'm sad you guys still don't have Sophia and her brother but it sounds like your having fun with Gracie.
Man I miss Gooburr! those pictures made me laugh, I bet you guys had a lot of fun with the chair hockey and the ward. We are so lucky to have wards and real buildings to meet in, in the US. Here we meet in an apartment building.... But the members don't know anything different so I guess its cool. I'm just glad we have somewhere to meet. In L'Aquila after the earth quake the members had to meet in a tent, so I'm sure not complaining about the apartment building.

Dane, way to go with getting athlete of the year that's sweet! I cant believe your finishing 8th grade I thought you were just starting 7th? You guys are growing up way too fast...

Cade that is the sweetest project ever that you did for school! haha and its funny that you waited till the last weekend to do it, it reminded me of Brian Regan...hahaha. I'm sure the missionaries you interviewed were just loving it too. And I liked your pictures from prom, your such a stud!

Speaking of pictures I'm glad you got my pictures I sent home. We have been having a blast here and I'm so glad you guys can see some of the stuff that we have been doing. Mom to answer your question about the house you saw in the video, its the nicest missionary apartment in Italy. Its in the richest part of Napoli in an area called Volmero. It was the dream house of the family that owned it before us and the family was so sad to let it go. Brother Borrelli who owned it before us does just about everything when it comes to work, and also works for the church.

But anyways, we had another great week here in Napoli. We had our very last Zone conference with President and sister Acerson which was so sad.... I love them so much and have learned and grown so much from them. Its going to be so sad to watch them leave. This next transfer is going to be crazy! We're going to be taking over all of the Catania mission and will be getting a new president on top of it all. Everyone has been referring to this transfer as the Dooms-day transfer because if your in a city that will be taken over by the Milan mission you'll become a part of that mission for the rest of your time in Italy. Thank goodness I'm as far away as you can get from the Milan Mission right now, but there is no guarantee that I wont get transferred. We'll just have to wait and see how things play out.

We started the quit smoking program with the sweetest family last week and so far we are on day 5 and they are still holding strong. If they make it we'll be baptising an incredible family which will help our branch so much. They are the Campana Family, and they need all the prayers they can get so please pray for them that they will have the strength to stay strong and finish their program, and continue on the road to baptism.

Its been incredible seeing the hand of the Lord in our work. As certain doors close there are always new ones opening and i am so grateful to my heavenly father for his guidance in our work. Sometimes you think you've got things figured out and you think you know exactly what you want and need to do but the Lord is always there to correct your course and take you in the direction he wants you to go. Its a concept I've had to learn and try to understand since I've been here and the more i understand the incredible plan that God has created for us the smoother life has been. Ive realized fighting for my own way instead of readily accepting the will of the Lord only leads to unhappiness and difficulty. So I've really been trying to be more receptive to the spirit and easily moldable in the hands of the God. The work is going forward, and I'm am so grateful to be a part of this work. I love you all back at home and am grateful for all your thoughts and prayers. I hope to hear from you next week!
Love
Anziano Koozer

No comments:

Koozer Motto

Never eat on an empty stomach

hit counter

Followers