Tuesday, June 2, 2009

WEEK SWINE

Hey everyone,Well it turned out that thank goodness no one in our district has the swine flu. last night we went and were tested and it turns out that the 5 in our group all just have a pretty good cough, and cold. We also found out that over 30 people have been diagnosed with the flu, but only 3 have been found to have the Swine flu. The MTC is the absolute ideal place to spread bugs, and sickness. There are over 2000 missionaries who are all eating 3 times a day and touching the exact same things, and who are meeting in large group meetings 2 to 3 times a week. So what have seemed like simple seasonal sicknesses have spread like wildfire and now that the Swine flu has been found in the mix the first presidency has had to shut us down immediately, because the last thing the church wants to do is is be responsible for spreading Swine flu across the entire world. So yesterday when i found out we were not flying out, i have to admit I was pretty dang mad. Every one was completely packed up and just waiting for the day to be over so we could get going. And then we found out that the date had been pushed back even farther to the 15th, and it absolutely crushed me! A week is one thing but 2 weeks was just too much. Time is different here in the the MTC, a week is really like 3 weeks in the real world, cus all we do is sit in the same class all day long from 7:30am to 9:30pm, and by the of the day our heads are ready to explode! So the 15th was the last thing i wanted to hear. We were sent back to the room early last night to unpack our things and to relax cus our teachers didn't have anything prepared for us cus they found out after we did, and i was in a terrible mood. I was SOOO mad, and frustrated, and i didn't feel good, and all i wanted to do was to be out of the MTC. After I grudgingly unpacked my bags and cleaned up my room, I just laid on my bed totally defeated. And laying there I realized i was feeling something that i hadn't felt for a really long time.... I didn't have the spirit with me. I felt completely alone, even though there were 3 other missionaries in the room, there was an emptiness inside of me, and i couldn't stand it. I immediately got off my bed and fell on my knees and i prayed to Heavenly Father for forgiveness. I prayed and prayed and prayed until i could start to feel the spirit with me again, and i pleaded with Heavenly Father for the companionship of the Spirit. As i finished my praying i apologized to the other elders in my room, for all my complaining, and for my previous bad attitude. I realized that the extra time that i have been given is such a blessing. Now i have the opportunity to sit down and write out another set of goals to better myself over these next 2 weeks and to become an even better missionary for the Lord. I can better my language, and teaching skills, i have the opportunity to do so much more that i would have never gotten the chance to do. I know it would have been great to be in Rome tomorrow but i know that we are being held longer for a reason. I know that there are reasons that i cannot see for me having to stay longer, and i so grateful for the opportunity to get to better myself. I love you all, thank you so much for all the support you have given me. Mom thank you so much for the awesome picture book you sent me and for the calling card its exactly what i needed. well I'm out of time, but i love you and look forward to getting hearing more from everyone these next 2 weeks. Love Anziano Koozer

1 comment:

Bailey and Wills said...

whew! I'm so glad he is ok! He better stay healthy now! He has really changed. I'm so proud of him for his awesome attitude!

Koozer Motto

Never eat on an empty stomach

hit counter

Followers