Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Answer to Dad's letter in Italian

Ciao Famiglia!

Hahaha that was so weird getting an email from you in Italian! How did you do it, google or something? I read the entire thing and completely understood all of it, in Italian that is. The English version didn't really make sense. Its incredible what reading the scriptures has done for me with the Italian. I would say its prob been the biggest help to personally in learning this beautiful language. Going from the ancient form of writing in the scriptures to reading normal letters and stuff like what you sent me has helped me to learn so much! I'm finally starting to get pretty comfortable with my speaking ability, and its getting more and more fun to teach and to interact with the people. Not that I've ever been shy before, its just now I'm starting to make sense to people when i talk to them, haha.

But anyways, Tia to answer your question, of course you can join the baptism-off! I hope you are all working hard cus its looking like we might have a few baptisms comin up! We have been working so very hard with our investigators and they are making some huge strides in their progress. I cant even describe the love i have for these people, its a different kind of love than I've ever felt. I don't know its hard to explain,like, all i want is for these people is to have success in their lives, all i want is for them to feel true happiness that comes in following the commandments, and want them to know their Father in Heaven and to know of the love that Christ has for them. It's incredible studying for them, praying with them and for them, and watching them grow in the Gospel and to see the light of the of the gospel come into their eyes and into their hearts. IT physically changes the appearance of people, its incredible. I have never found more joy or happiness in my life than now, serving the people of Italy.

The Lord is blessing us with success, and is definitely guiding this work. My companion and i have been trying some new things that have really been working. Instead of just going and doing "house" as we call it, (which is knocking door to door) we decided that we are going to do "house-teaching". SO instead of just ringing door bell after door bell for 3 hours we set a goal before we start off of how many houses we are going to get into and how many lessons we are going to teach, and also how many new investigators we are going to find. We then say a prayer and ask for guidance and then we're off. Before we started this new plan i had never gotten in doing house ever!!! And once i proposed this plan to my companion, we have gotten in over 25 houses this week and have found a full page and a half of potential investigators. We are now using this technique for all of our modes of finding work and have been having a blast! I'm so grateful for Heavenly Father guiding my companion and I, and blessing us with such wonderful people to work with. I know with out Him i am nothing.

We have also come up with a sweet new member program to get involved with the Ward and to get the members excited about missionary work. We had our first trial run on Monday night while doing a family night with the Giusti Family and it worked better than we could have ever wished for! I'm so pumped to start doing using it with all the other members of the ward! MEMBERS ARE THE KEY TO MISSIONARY SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!! So for all you Members get to know your missionaries and HELP them, we cant do it alone and neither can you!

Anyways, the weather has been absolutely crazy here. We had a typhoon hit us here in Pescara the other night and it tore up the city pretty good, and it wasn't too nice to my umbrella either! haha yeah we got caught outside during the storm and ended up tracting the night away soaking wet and freezing cold, it even hailed for about an hour, but hey its always good weather for missionary work! SO how is the family doing? Everyone good? I miss you guys like crazy.

Bailey i love the name Monson for your boy, but i also like the name Lugard too. That's the name of one of our investigators, haha he's awesome.

Wait so you guys are adopting or fostering? And are they special needs kids or normal ? I want the details of whats up, that's so so so so COOL!

Oh no i just looked outside and its pouring rain and i totaly forgot my umbrella, it was sunny outside when we left the house. Mannagga!!!

Dad my favorite food by far is Arrostacini, its skewed lamb and I'm also in love with the pasta. haha last p day we did a bbq and my comp and i ate 2 kili of Arrostacini which is more than 4 pounds. hahaha and thats one of the reasons that my suits don't quite fit like they used too. I starting to regret the day i ever told you dad that i would never be fat... its impossible with the food they feed us here.

Our address is ( Via Stradonetto 207, Pescara Italia) Yes i can receive mail at the house but its way safer, and easier for me if you just send everything to the mission office address. Well, I love you all and hope to hear from you next week!

Love Anziano Koozerps- I need to pull some money out today I'm going to buy a study journal and some pens and maybe some marking pencils. thanks love ya!

No comments:

Koozer Motto

Never eat on an empty stomach

hit counter

Followers