Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Halloween

Ciao Tutti!
Hey everyone! Ive had another awesome week here in Italy. To start off though i just wanted to tell Tia, THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH for the sweet package!!!!!!! Hahahaha oh man you have no idea how bad I've been craving fruity candy! The package was absolutely perfect!

I had Zone conference this last week in Rome and i got all of my mail that has come in these last 6 weeks. Thank you so much everyone who wrote me, its so great getting mail as a missionary, its seriously like Christmas when we get mail.

It was an interesting journey to Rome this time because they changed it to a different Church building than the one we usually go to. This time we had to take to metro to the end of the line and it was absolute madness!!!! Hahaha and i got separated from my companion and was totally lost in the crowd and i was pretty sure he got on the metro but wasn't 100% sure so i kinda waited a little while people started getting on and i didn't see him so i assumed he had already gotten on so i went to get on too and there were soooo many people there wasn't any room for me to squeeze on so as I'm trying to wiggle on with my big bulky back pack the door to the train totally closed on me and i got smashed right down the middle!!! Thank goodness it had a sensor on it and opened back up but before i could re-adjust or anything it closed on me again and again and again... and every time a loud alarm would go off! hahaha oh my goodness it was so embarrassing. Sadly i had to just force my way on and push the entire group of people over until i could fit, and i think i might have smashed an old lady or 2 but i HAD TO GET ON THAT TRAIN!The last thing i wanted to do was to get lost in Rome by myself. So after i was on the train i could see my companion over the crowd ( cus Italians are short) and he was crying he was laughing so hard at me. I totally made a huge seen..... leave it to the big dumb American.....

Then when we got to our stop we realized it was pouring outside and so we got to walk 3 miles to the church up this hill in the pouring rain. And to add to the wonderful experience we were 30 minutes late, and on top of that we had been out of water for the last 2 days in our apartment so i wasn't able to shave. We were quite the sight walking in to Zone conference 45 minutes late, soaking wet to the bone, and with both of us practically having a beards......

Thankfully president understood our circomestances. That word is sooo spelled wrong, sorry i have the hardest time reading and spelling English now the Italian totally throws me out of whack! but anyways it was a fun experience in Rome.

The work has been going good this week we have been doing a whole lot of finding and have met some incredible people. There truly are the "elect" out there. K so for all of you who have seen the movie "the best 2 years " you know the part when their mission president calls them and tells them he is coming to visit their apartment so all the missionaries scrabble as fast as they can to clean the apartment and the one missionary flips over the pictures of those girls and on the back are pictures are pictures of prophets....hahaha yeah well we have the EXACT same thing happen to us on Monday. President called us and said he would be to our apartment in about 3 minutes for interviews. All I'm going to say is i have never cleaned that apartment so fast in my life! It was so funny!!! But interviews went great and President even commented on how clean the apartment was. HE is such an incredible Mission president he has already taught me so much.

Last night at English class i taught the advanced class and told them all about River Bend and everyone loved it. Man i sure miss all you guys! i hope everyone is doing OK. Mom i sure hope you fell better soon, i heard your conference was incredible. Cade, way to go dude with the missionary work! isn't it the best!!!!! I'm so proud of you! Well i need to run now but i look forward to hearing from you guys next week!

No comments:

Koozer Motto

Never eat on an empty stomach

hit counter

Followers