Friday, August 21, 2009

Better late than never!

Ciao Tutti,
OK lets try this again and hopefully i wont lose the whole letter like i did last time! SO you guys got a call from Luara and Fram?! That is so cool! They said they were going to call you. They are from England originally but lived here in Italy for a while. They took super great care of us missionaries, and liked to have us over for service and food.
I'm glad to here everything is going good at home. Ha ha mom you should probably try to find a normal sleeping schedule, your gonna wear yourself out! And I know I said this before but I'm printing off all my pictures this week and am going to get them in the mail. I decided to just finish my time with Anziano Bennett and my first 2 transfers then send all my pictures together. I have over 300 pictures along with hand written letters to everyone coming very soon, prob within the next week or so. I have just been SOOO busy, its really hard for me to find time to do anything for myself. Even our Pdays these last few weeks have been absolutely crammed packed with things we have had to do. SO I apologize to Tia for not writing and also for taking so long with the pictures and everything.
We had one of my first Italian holidays this last week called Ferragosto. It's pretty much the sweetest holiday ever. During the month of August, all the people in Italy take the month off for vacation...just because. ha ha. If I was Italian this would be my favorite holiday ever. But I'm not, so it STINKS because NOTHING is open! We've already decided to make a cake for the pizza guy when he returns down the street.
We've had a fun week. It's been super busy. Last Wednesday we had some visiting elders come in town and spend the night for 2 nights. One of them was getting his legal documents taken care of in Pescara. But it was a lot of fun having other people again in the apartment. We played risk until midnight. It was a great time...and I won! Thursday we went out to an investigators house named Mary. She owns a beautiful Bed & Breakfast. We helped her clean up her property and scrub a big deck clean. We also gotta drive around this sweet tractor and move dirt and logs. You guys should like the pictures of that.
Every six months the missionaries in the field have to stay inside and deep clean their apartments all day long. It was a long day but we got a lot of work done. My companion slept and I made the kitchen look brand new! ha ha I'm just kidding...he helped a little. So that's what we did all Friday until the evening. That evening we got invited to go and watch a soccer game with a member family. They tried to get us tickets, but it was hard to find em. It was a tournament of the 3 biggest teams in Italy playing here in Pescara. So we ended up just going to their house, eating pizza, popcorn and fruit and watching the game on their new TV.
Saturday we had a surprise visitor. Anziano Bennett's mom and grandparents showed up at our house. It was kinda weird cuz they weren't supposed to be their, but its not like we could tell them to leave, so we had a bbq all day long and just talked and they caught up.
Sunday was a great day. We were invited to the Bosco's house for dinner. The Bosco's are an incredible family in the ward, who pretty much make the ward what it is. It's 2 parents who both served missions, with 3 boys who have also served and are home and one who is serving in Milan right now. It was a lot of fun to be with their family because it's just like our family in 10 years. For dinner we had my new favorite food ever, arrostaccini! It's lamb meet on skewers and its super soft and good. Too bad they don't have it in the US. That night we did chalk which is a pretty cool finding activity. We lay out bed sheets on the ground out in the main walk and we draw chalk figures of gospel principles and talk to people as they look and walk by.
Monday we had a fun day of DDM, checking out some of the local markets and I bought some sweet calcio cleats. They were only 20 bucks and I really needed em cuz I always roll my ankle when I play soccer in my running shoes. By the way mom I pulled out 100 euro cuz this next week I have to travel to Rome and live there for 3 days with other elders while transfers are going on.
Tuesday was another busy day of appointments. Our investigators are doing really great. Gloria called us for the first time, late one night and we visited for an hour. She knows the church is true and knows what she felt is true but is just really having a hard time at home and with trying to find work Also on top of everything she is raising her son. I know she will come around eventually, we are definitely not giving up on her, that's for sure.
Wednesday was another booked pday. We went out to Popoli where our investigator Sofia lives and checked out castles, other cities we had never seen before and had a big lunch with her family. I had my first sea food meal experience with her family and it was pretty interesting. We started off with slabs of dried salmon and moved on to fish pasta, which we had to sift through for bones and finished up with what I thought was bacon soup, until I found a whole squid in my bowl! It was a bean, squid and bacon soup. Not being a very big fish guy I'm very surprised I was able to stomach the meal. And my companion, being the wonderful guy that he is told them after every course that I would like seconds, and they wouldn't believe me that I was full. So you could say that I got twice the experience - Ha ha.
People are progressing, the works going forward and we are looking at some great success in the future. The Lord has truly blessed us with our work and I'm so grateful for the experience that I'm having here in Italy. Thanks again for all the love and support. I'll be writing next week from Rome.
Vi voglio bene,
Anziano Koozer

ps- Mom I was thinking about you talking about Christmas packages and I figured I would just tell you what I want if you guys decide to send anything. SO here it is ( Face wash, toothpaste, deodorant, and pictures of the family). Packages take anywhere from from 1 to 4 months, and not only do you have to pay to send it, but I also have to pay to pick it up, that is if it gets here. IF you change your mind about sending a package its totally OK, I'd almost prefer you just wire some spending money to my account. But if you do send a package DON'T claim anything expensive. For example just put; missionary supplies, peanut butter, chocolate just list some of the smaller things in the box and be super vague about anything else, or I will never get it - but anyways thanks a million, I love you!!

No comments:

Koozer Motto

Never eat on an empty stomach

hit counter

Followers