Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Life in Firenze!!!!

Ciao Tutti,
To start off, mom I'm a complete knuckle head!!!!! i am so sorry! last week when i was doing email i was kinda in a big hurry and didn't really look through all the music you send me very well, but looking back through it now i realize that you sent me an entire BOOK of music of everything i could possibly want! Thank you so much for doing that for me mom and Hillary -love you guys!
Well it sounds like you had fun this thanksgiving, yeah I'm sure it was pretty strange with just the 3 little boys, who i guess aren't really that little anymore.....ha ha its gonna be so weird seeing everyone, and how big they are.

That's so funny what happened with the turkey, I'm just glad you guys didn't burn the house down or anything like that!

oh man i had the most incredible week! SO after email last week i went on a tour of Firenze which absolutely blew my mind! i seriously had to keep picking my jaw up off the ground, the sculptures and painting and mind blowing domes and cathedrals, and markets, i just couldn't believe it! And to think at how long this stuff has been around is incredible in and of itself. It was so great that were gonna do it all again today! Its kinda a bummer though cus some of the super cool stuff costs money to see not a ton but after a few different sights it kinda adds up. But anyways were gonna do it all again and this time take pictures of everything which wont do it the least bit of justice but will give you all a little bit of a glimpse of the stuff that Ive been seeing.

On Thursday we celebrated thanksgiving a little bit differently this year. We were in invited out to the middle of the Tuscan hills which was like living in a postcard, and we picked Olives all day with The sweetest Italian family. We were on this beautiful hill of ripe olive trees, and looking around there were rolling hills of grape orchards and red and trees and even a huge castle on the hill behind! Words cannot describe how beautiful it really was.....But we picked all day long and ate and visited and played into the night. The family we were with took us back to their house and showed us how they press the olives to get the oil, and taught us the whole process, it was incredible. Then an American family that is here for a short time cooked us an American Thanksgiving feast, i will never forget my Thanksgiving in the Tuscan hills.

After we finished eating we rushed back and helped a Peruvian family in our ward move. We moved of from the 4th floor of their old apartment into the 4th floor of their new apartment, and there was no elevator! We didn't end up finishing till 11 at night. ha ha oh my goodness i was so stinkin tired!

On Sunday i was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting and it went really really well. I don't know what in the world happened since Ive gotten here in Firenze but its like someone pushed the "on" button with my Italian skills. Ive been dreaming all in Italian I'm starting to think in Italian and I've never spoken better when i teach. I'm so very grateful to my heavenly father for loosening my tongue and helping me speak this beautiful language. I really felt like i was struggling in Pescara and things are completely different now.

The missionary work is on fire right now. We have found and are now teaching 2 Families! They are so so so prepared for the gospel and i am way pumped to see where things go with them! I am just having the time of my life right now and couldn't be happier with where i am and with what I'm doing. I love you all so much and want to thank you all for your prayers letters and support. Ill talk to you all next week!

Love,Anziano Koozer

No comments:

Koozer Motto

Never eat on an empty stomach

hit counter

Followers